So I was thinking to myself this morning about the state of being pregnant. Some parts are really fun, and other parts really suck. Here are some recent musings:
What I HATE About Being Pregnant
– Progesterone poisoning (aka Morning Sickness).
– Some of my favourite cute little shoes seem unusually tight, but I’m pretending not to notice.
– Growing out of maternity clothes. (!)
– Getting fatter in every which direction.
– Not being able to ‘groom’ my own bikini area – because I can’t see it anymore.
– Not being able to wear my wedding and engagement rings anymore. Sigh….
What I LOVE About Being Pregnant
– Feeling her dance around in there after I eat something she likes (or hates).
– Linea negra. I think it’s hilarious that those silly pregnancy lines running up and down from my navel can’t get themselves lined up properly.
– How fast the weeks go by, and finding out what common household object I can compare her to.
– Scoring great deals on Craigslist.
– Hearing her heartbeat during appointments with my midwife.
– ‘Having’ to get pedicures with pregnant friends because we can’t reach our feet anymore.
– Waking up in the middle of the night and Johnny has his hand on my tummy to see if he can feel her move.